This One Pot Philly Cheese Steak Pasta is inspired by one of America’s most favorite steak sandwich. This classic recipe has been turned into a one pot pasta dish that’s a family favorite! The juicy tender steak will just melt in your mouth. You will love the creamy sauce that’s full of flavors your favorite steak sandwich has!
This meal took me about 30 minutes to prepare. It’s left overs can be warmed the next day. You can prepare ahead of time and just throw it in the oven and heat it for 10-15 minutes in a 375 degrees preheated oven for an easy dinner dish. Most of us mommies work and at the end of the day we don’t really have time to prepare a dinner that takes too long.
All of the ingredients can be bought from your local Walmart. Their Angus Premium Choice NY Strip Steak is perfect for this recipe. I love grabbing the thick cut steaks because it makes it easy for me to have that perfectly thick 2-inch strip I like to have. Premium Angus Choice Meats are usually a higher quality of meat, known for their tenderness and perfect marbling. You can also grab all the spices you need from there, the vegetables, all locally grown and I also like using their Great Value Shredded Mozzarella and Provolone cheese for this One Pot Philly Cheese Steak recipe. It’s two in one, so you won’t have to buy two types of cheeses.
MAKING THE ONE POT PHILLY CHEESE STEAK PASTA:
I start by cooking the pasta. During that time, I can prep my ingredients and start cooking.
Trim the steak from the extra fats on the side. I don’t like to keep them when I make certain meals unless I am grilling the meat. I then cut the steak into 2-inch strips as you see here.
Add some olive oil to the heated skillet and lay the pieces of steaks flat to cook each side for 1 minutes, reaching an internal temperature of 135 °F. Repeat this step twice for remainder of steak.
After preparing the steak strips, set them aside in a bowl. You will then caramelize the onions, add in the green bell peppers, mushrooms and allow them to all cook together for about 5 minutes until they are all tender.
Return the steak strips to the skillet and add the pasta water, salt, ground black pepper, heavy cream and onion powder. Mix everything well together and cook for 3-4 minutes. All the ingredients used here are from Walmart’s store brand, Great Value, at much more affordable prices. I have listed them in the recipe section below.
Add the cooked pasta and give them another stir.
At the very end, add the shredded cheese and mix very well and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
You can serve this dish right away or save for later. If you decide to prepare this dish ahead and warm up in the over later, I highly recommend that you use an oven proof skillet.
That was pretty easy right? The next time you need a quick weeknight meal recipe, this One Pot Philly Cheese Steak Pasta is just perfect and will keep your family happy and full!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.
This One Pot Philly Cheese Steak Pasta is inspired by one of America’s most favorite steak sandwich. This classic recipe has been turned into a one pot pasta dish that’s a family favorite! The juicy tender steak will just melt in your mouth.
- 2 pieces Premium Choice Angus NY Strip Steak, thick cut, 2 inch strips
- ¾ package Sam’s Choice Italia Penne Pasta
- 1 cup Great Value Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp Great Value Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided into two parts
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 8 oz Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper, julliened
- 1 cup pasta water, saved after cooking the pasta
- 1 cup Great Value Shredded Mozzarella and Provolone Cheese
- 2 tsp Great Value Organic Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Sam’s Choice Black Pepper, fresh ground
- 1 tbsp salt
- Grated parmesan cheese, optional after serving.
- In a heated skillet, add half the olive oil and cook the steak strips until they obtain a brown crispy coat on each side. About 1 minute on each side on high heat. Do not over cook. Remove and set aside.
- Add the second half of olive oil and cook the onions until they are very tender.
- Add the bell peppers, mushrooms and sauté together until they are fully cooked and tender.
- Return the cooked steak into the skillet and add the salt, onion powder, fresh ground pepper and stir everything together until its well coated.
- Add the pasta water, heavy whipping cream and cook everything for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the cooked pasta and continue stirring. Then add the shredded cheese and mix everything together until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Remove and serve while hot. You can add some grated parmesan before serving if desired.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 537
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Sodium: 1375g
- Fat: 20.2g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 48.2g
- Protein: 41.4g
Keywords: One Pot Philly Cheese Steak Pasta