This delicious Lebanese Rice Pudding (Riz Bi Haleeb) is super delicious and made with only 3 main ingredients, Rice, Milk and Sugar. It's served as dessert and even as breakfast and snack. It is also perfect for Suhoor during Ramadan.
HOW TO MAKE THE LEBANESE RICE PUDDING (Riz Bi Haleeb):
This is a super simple recipe to make. As I mentioned it takes 3 main ingredients, and that's milk, rice and sugar as well as orange blossoms water for flavoring. I always start by washing and cooking the rice until the water it almost dry (about 10-12 minutes boil time on low). Some people cook the rice in the milk but I prefer doing it this way. The water does not completely dry, but becomes thick and starchy (as shown in photo below).
Next add the milk, sugar and let them cook on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small cup, mix the corn starch, water and orange blossoms water. Pour into the pot and stir to cook for a few more minutes until the pudding thickens up (as shown in photo below). Remove and pour into molds or serving bowls immediately. Let it cool on room temperature.
STORING AND SERVING THE LEBANESE RICE PUDDING (Riz Bi Haleeb):
Before storing in the fridge, cover with plastic food wrap and store for up to 4 days. Before serving, you can add some ground pistachios if you prefer but it is completely optional. This Lebanese Rice Pudding can be served plain without any nuts.
I hope you try and enjoy this Lebanese Rice Pudding (Riz Bi Haleeb) and if you do, be sure to tag me on Instagram and also leave a rating on my recipe card! Xoxo...
OTHER LEBANSES RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Lebanese Rice Pudding (Riz Bi Haleeb)
- 1 cup rice I used jasmine
- 3 cups water
- 7 cups milk
- 1.5 cup sugar or more, taste for preference
- Ground Pistachio optional for garnishing
Corn Starch Mix:
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 3 tbsps. orange blossoms water
- 3 tbsps. water
- Bring the water to boil. Wash and drain the rice and then cook on low for 12 minutes or until the water it thick and almost gone. Do not dry completely. See photo.
- Add in the milk and sugar. Once the pudding starts to boil again, cook for another 10 minutes or until the liquid thickens up a bit more. Stir occasionally.
- Add in the corn starch mixture and let the pudding cook for another 4-5 minutes on low heat while stirring.
- Once the pudding is thick enough, you can then transfer into small bowls. Do not wait too long to do that because the pudding will thicken up more after it gets cool. Cool at room temperature.
- Once the pudding is cool, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to store.