This Easy Sticky Chicken Recipe is a great addition to your weeknight dinner menu! Made in less than 30 minutes, this family favorite recipe can also be made for meal-prep. It is made on the lighter end and pairs well with brown rice and veggies.
HOW TO MAKE EASY STICKY CHICKEN
I like to start by prepping the chicken first. You will need 2-4 chicken breasts, depending of how many people you are feeding. Typically, 4 chicken breasts should feed 2 adults and 4 younger kids or 4 adults. Double up on the servings if you need more. So I slice each chicken breasts into two thinner pieces to speed up cooking time, but that's because we also like thinner pieces of chicken. I think that works best for this recipe.
I like to lightly coat the chicken with some flour, paprika, salt and pepper before searing. It ends up with barely 2-3 tablespoons of flour total for all don't fret. This gives the chicken a little hint of crunchy feeling. You can also just season with salt, paprika and pepper if you don't want to add the flour.
Add 2 tablespoons of oil, olive or vegetable oil, and pan sear the chicken on each side for about 5 minutes until full cooked and has obtained a nice golden crust. While the chicken is cooking mix up the sauce.
Once the chicken is done cooking, pour over the sauce into the pan and continue to cook on low heat until the sauce has thickened up and coated the chicken well. Since this is a lighter version of sticky chicken, you will not have a lot of excess sauce. But if you would like your more saucy, double up on the sauce.
Once the meal is done, you can garnish with some sliced green onions or sprinkle some pepper flakes on top.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH EASY STICKY CHICKEN RECIPE
This recipe pairs well with a lot of sides, depending on your dietary preference.
For low carb side options, serve with:
- Cauliflower rice
- Broccoli Rice
- Mixed Veggies
- Green Beans
- Steamed Carrots
- Side of salad with light dressing.
For non-low carb side options, serve with:
- White Rice
- French Fries
For healthier-carb side options, serve with:
- Sweet Potatoes (baked not fried)
- Brown Rice
If you try this Easy Sticky Chicken Recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! Follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPE YOU MAY LIKE
Easy Sticky Chicken Recipe
- 4 whole chicken breasts each sliced into two pieces
- 2 tbsps. flour
- 2 tsps. black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 3 Tbsps. water
- 2 tbsps. honey
- 2 tsps. brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp. ginger powder
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- ¼ tsp chili flakes optional
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Slice the chicken breasts side ways to obtain two thinner portions. Salt and pepper the chicken then coat with some flour.
- Heat up the oil on medium heat and pan sear the chicken on each side for 5 minutes untill the chicken obtains a golden crust. Meanwhile...
- Prepare the sauce mix. Mix all the ingredients together. Once the chicken is done cooking for the suggested time, add in the sauce and cover to cook the chicken and sauce together on medium-low heat for another 5 minutes.
- At this point, the sauce has thickened up. Remove the skillet from heat and garnish with some chopped green onion and serve with prefered side.
- You can also just season the chicken with salt, paprika and pepper if you don't want to add the flour.
- Since this is a lighter version of sticky chicken, you will not have a lot of excess sauce. But if you would like your more saucy, double up on the sauce.
- Cook over medium to medium-high heat, but not high.
- If you want less spice, you can leave out the chili flakes.
- Slicing the chicken thinly gives you a quicker cook time and nice crispy edges.
- Sauces that contain cornstarch tend to tighten up a bit more as they cool so plan accordingly.
- Use tamari or coconut aminos to replace the soy sauce if you have a soy allergy.
- Once the meal is done, you can garnish with some sliced green onions or sprinkle some pepper flakes on top.