If you are a fan of tacos, you will love this Shredded BBQ Chicken Tacos recipe. It’s flavorful, easy, kid friendly and very filling. It can be prepared in less the 30 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE THE SHREDDED BBQ CHICKEN TACOS:
For this recipe I used 2 large chicken breasts. When you shred them it makes a lot of tacos. We are only 4 at home but it’s plenty to have multiple rounds for adults. If the chicken breasts you are using are a bit smaller, you can always add 1-2 more. I have younger kids so they never go for seconds. But if you have older teenagers or kids that more than one round, I recommend adding an extra chicken breasts or two. Just make sure you add more of the ingredients listed. You can always double up the ingredients using the 2x button on my recipe card.
PREPARING THE SHREDDED BBQ CHICKEN TACOS:
I marinated the chicken breasts with some salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder. I used an instant pot to sear them up for a little with some vegetable oil. Then I added the water, salt, Worcestershire and BBQ sauce. I love using Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ Sauce. You can use any other brand, as long as you use a sweet BBQ option for this recipe. Cook the chicken on high pressure for 15 minute and then release the heat. Open and shred the chicken up to serve with the tacos. I love pairing this recipe with some sort of salsa recipe. You can do Pica De Gallo, some fresh avocado and mango salsa or what I used in this photo which is a pineapple salsa recipe. I have listed the ingredients for it on the recipe card.
Enjoy this easy Shredded BBQ Chicken Tacos at any time, and make it your one of your favorite Taco Tuesday recipes. The more recipes you have on Taco Tuesdays, the happier the family will be. Try It, Enjoy it, and Rate it! Xoxo…
OTHER RECIPE YOU MAY LIKE:
Shredded BBQ Chicken Tacos
- 2 large chicken breasts 2 lbs.
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsps. paprika
- 2 tsps. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsps. vegetable oil or olive oil
- 6 medium tortillas
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage optional
PINAPPLE SALSA (OPTIONAL):
- 1 cup fresh pineapple petite diced
- 2 tbsps. purple onion petite diced
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime or 2 tsps. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Marinate the chicken breasts with 1/2 of the salt, black pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder.
- Heat the oil in the instant pot and pan sear the chicken for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the water, rest of the salt, Worchester and BBQ sauce.
- Cook the chicken on high pressure for 15 minute and then release the heat. Open and shred the chicken up to serve with the tacos.
- I love using Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce for this recipe. You can use any other brand, as long as you use a sweet BBQ one.
- For this recipe I used 2 large chicken breasts. When you shred them it makes a lot of tacos. We are only 4 at home but it's plenty to have multiple rounds for adults. If the chicken breasts you are using are a bit smaller, you can always add 1-2 more.
- Warm your tortillas in the oven or microwave before filling them. This helps them to become more soft and pliable and they are easier to hold.