Clean and trim the sprouts.
Spray with olive or avocado oil.
Mix the spices together in a small bowl and season the sprouts
Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy.
- In the U.S, brussels sprouts are in season from September through March, although you can find them year-round.
- Ideally choose sprouts that are roughly the same size, this means they’ll be done around the same time.
- Ready brussels sprouts should feel firm when gently squeezed.
- Smaller sprouts will taste sweeter.
- I highly recommend that you wash the sprouts very well and peel a couple leaves from the outside before you prepare them. I know some bags say pre-washed and everything on it, but almost 80% of the time you will find dirt or weird things underneath the first couple of leaves!
- Use a preheated oven.
- Leave the sprouts alone! You don't have to worry about turning the sprouts over while cooking. If you roast flat side down, the moisture in the sprouts will cook the centers to tender perfection!
- Spray the oil onto the sprouts before seasoning, this allows the spices to stick.
- I use my most favorite, super simple spices that are always in my drawer: paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and salt. They make a perfect blend and very simple for kids to eats.
- Roast the sprouts until th
Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 358mg | Potassium: 636mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1545IU | Vitamin C: 129mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 2mg