Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Make this vegan chocolate chip banana bread with your favorite dark chocolate, rip bananas, and almond butter! This is a perfect sweet kid-friendly breakfast bread recipe!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, stir together banana, sugar, almond butter, oil and vanilla.
Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until it is combined.
Add batter to lined loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
Cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan. Slice and serve.
- Use a preheated oven.
- You can use gluten free flour.
- Be sure to use room temp butter and bananas, for a smoother batter that will cook evenly.
- If using frozen bananas, make sure to thaw them first before incorporating into the batter.
- If you wish, you can sub the dark chocolate chips for semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
- I used standard-sized baking chips but mini chocolate chips would work too.
- Make sure to use ripe bananas.
- Substitute almond butter with sunbutter if you're allergic to nuts.
- If you are trying to cut down on your sugar intake, you can use erythritol instead of sugar.
Serving: 10g | Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.5g | Protein: 2.6g | Fat: 13.2g | Saturated Fat: 3.3g | Sodium: 234mg | Fiber: 1.6g | Sugar: 23.4g