Slice the chicken breasts side ways to obtain two thinner portions. Salt and pepper the chicken then coat with some flour.
Heat up the oil on medium heat and pan sear the chicken on each side for 5 minutes untill the chicken obtains a golden crust. Meanwhile...
Prepare the sauce mix. Mix all the ingredients together. Once the chicken is done cooking for the suggested time, add in the sauce and cover to cook the chicken and sauce together on medium-low heat for another 5 minutes.
At this point, the sauce has thickened up. Remove the skillet from heat and garnish with some chopped green onion and serve with prefered side.
- You can also just season the chicken with salt, paprika and pepper if you don't want to add the flour.
- Since this is a lighter version of sticky chicken, you will not have a lot of excess sauce. But if you would like your more saucy, double up on the sauce.
- Cook over medium to medium-high heat, but not high.
- If you want less spice, you can leave out the chili flakes.
- Slicing the chicken thinly gives you a quicker cook time and nice crispy edges.
- Sauces that contain cornstarch tend to tighten up a bit more as they cool so plan accordingly.
- Use tamari or coconut aminos to replace the soy sauce if you have a soy allergy.
- Once the meal is done, you can garnish with some sliced green onions or sprinkle some pepper flakes on top.
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 517mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg