Cook Pasta al dente and save 2 cups of the pasta water.
In a skillet, sauté the onions and pepper with olive oil until they are tender. Add in the heavy cream, fajita spices, black pepper, salt, pasta water and parmesan cheese. Bring to boil and then lower the heat and cook on low for about 3 minutes.
Add in the pasta and mix to coat well. Cook for 2 minutes on low. Add in the chicken and asparagus, then cook for another 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve. Add more grated parmesan or shredded Mexican cheese if desired.
- Chicken tenders usually cook so much faster and are a lot juicer than regular chicken breasts.
- Make sure to keep your chicken pieces similar in size. The chicken in this recipe cooks in just a few minutes, so you need to make sure the chicken pieces are all close to the same size so they can fully cook at the same time.
- After cooking, cover and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before cubing them.
- Prepare the pasta al dente according to package instructions.
- You can grate some more parmesan cheese on top or top it with some finely shredded Mexican cheese. My kids always prefer that!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 633kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 25.7g | Fat: 33.9g | Saturated Fat: 13.7g | Sodium: 1182.3mg | Sugar: 6.2g