Chocolate Overnight Chia Pudding
This easy chia pudding recipe is such a healthy and delicious way to start off the day! This Chocolate Chia Pudding tastes just like a dessert pudding but is way healthier. No cooking necessary!
Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic food wrap and leave at room temperature to thicken, for about 15-20 minutes mixing once half way through.
Once it has thickened, stir together again, and add a little bit more milk if needed. Chill in the fridge for 4 hours.
Top with fruits.
If desired drizzle some extra syrup or honey on top of the fruits.
Decorate with mint leaf.
Store chia pudding refrigerated in an airtight container or in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. Store without fruits for about 1 week. If stored with fruits consume the same day.
- Make sure to break apart any clumps in your chia pudding before transferring it to the fridge. You want the chia seeds to be able to absorb the liquid.
- Feel free to swap the maple syrup for honey if you prefer.
- Chia seeds don’t have any taste to them on their own and take on the flavor of the liquid it is in. In this case, your chia pudding will taste like coconut thanks to the almond milk.
- Feel free to use whatever milk you have on hand such as cashew milk, soy milk, or dairy milk.
- I suggest using real vanilla extract and not artificial since you aren’t cooking this recipe and you’ll taste the extract.
- If you don’t have chocolate shavings, try cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 350mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 19IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 487mg | Iron: 4mg