Cilantro Lime Shrimp
A healthy low cab meal for an everyday choice. Made with simple ingredients and little prep work, this meal will keep you full and satisfied for a long time.
Marinate the shrimps with all the ingredients and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Bring a large iron skillet to high heat, then add the olive oil and butter.
Place the pieces of shrimps a little apart from each other and cook until fully cooked and have a golden brown crunchy look.
Serve with broccoli and couscous or any side dish of your choice.
Nutrition facts excluding couscous. You can substitute the side for what fits better with your diet preference.
- A cast iron skillet is perfect for cooking these shrimp, or use a heavy bottomed pan.
- Space the shrimp out, so they don't touch and they cook evenly.
- Shrimp will turn to an opaque pink, when they are cooked. If the shrimp curl up into little O shapes they're overcooked. Perfectly cooked shrimp should be a C in shape.
- The best way to defrost frozen shrimp is in a colander in the fridge overnight.
- Allow your shrimp to marinate for at least an hour.
- Go for freshly squeezed lime juice, for the best flavor.
- Add some chili flakes for a pop of spiciness.
- This dish is gluten free.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.4g | Protein: 46.3g | Fat: 7.7g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 854mg | Sugar: 0.4g