Wash all ingredients and dry well.
Shred the cabbage and either dice or slice the remainder of the ingredients. Ingredients must be cut small in size. See photos. Place everything in a big bowl and set aside.
Squeeze a lemon or two, to get 1/4 cup and place in a small cup or bowl. Add the remainder of the dressing ingredients and whisk well so the salt doesn't settle on the bottom. You can also just add all these ingredients straight into the salad bowl.
Add the dressing to the salad and mix just to coat everything well. Do not overmix and crush the veggies.
Transfer to a new bowl if desired, and serve with some fried pita.
- Cut the salad ingredients into small dices of similar sizes. This will help all of the ingredients to combine well with each other.
- Use the freshest and ripest vegetables you have for the best flavor, and organic if you can.
- I like to add some fried pita to this salad to serve. You can fry squares of pita in a little oil on the stovetop or bake in the oven.
- Use fresh lemon juice for the dressing, it really does make all the difference!
- Do not skip the pomegranate molasses. I recommend a brand called Yamama or Cortas. Both are found on Amazon or oriental stores.
- Do not mix the salad with dressing until you are ready to eat it.
- Salad can be prepped hours ahead and covered until ready to use.
- If you have left over, store the salad without the juices to prevent from getting too soggy.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 497mg | Potassium: 492mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 4851IU | Vitamin C: 78mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg