Creamy Tuscan Salmon
This Creamy Tuscan Salmon recipe serves up pan fried salmon fillets, covered in a rich and creamy sauce that's loaded with flavor.
Pat the salmon dry with paper towel.
Bring a large non-stick skillet to medium high heat. Add in 2 tbsps. of olive oil and pan sear the salmon on each side for about 5 minutes. Do not move around a lot so you don't break up the tender salmon. Remove and set aside. Cover with foil wrap.
In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and sauté the diced onions until tender. Add in the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add in the sundried tomatoes, salt and spices. Mix and sauté the mixture for about 1 minute.
Add in the vegetable broth or water. Simmer for a couple of minutes to soften up the sundried tomatoes.
Add in the heavy cream and simmer for a couple of minutes until the sauce thickens up a bit.
Throw in a handful of spinach and cook on medium-low heat for a couple more minutes. Add in the parmesan cheese and mix well. Cook for another 1-2 minutes to thicken up the sauce. Taste to adjust salt and pepper.
Add the salmon pieces back into the sauce pan and drench with the sauce mixture. Cover and let them cook together on low heat for 2-3 more minutes.
Remove the skillet from the heat, garnish with some fresh chopped parsley or oregano leaves or even some shaved parmesan cheese before serving.
- Be sure to pat the salmon dry before pan searing.
- When pan searing, do not move the salmon around a lot so you don't break it up.
- Cook your aromatics low and slow. You want to release the flavors of the onions and garlic without burning them.
- You can cook the salmon with skin on or off. The skin does provide some protection for the salmon when it cooks, you can remove it easily once it's cooked.
- Keep an eye on the salmon as it cooks. The USDA recommends salmon be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 F degrees.
- You can remove the onions if you don't like onions but use 1 tsp. of onion powder instead.
- Garnish the Tuscan Salmon with some fresh chopped parsley or oregano leaves or even some shaved parmesan cheese before serving.
Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 1096mg | Potassium: 649mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2308IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 245mg | Iron: 2mg