Best Crepe Recipe
Get ready for the Best Crepe Recipe! Thin homemade crepes with utterly buttery crisp edges and they're so simple to make. Stuff them with your favorite sweet or savory fillings!
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, oil until well combined. Sift in flour and salt and mix well until there’s no lumps. You can also add all the ingredients in a blender or use an emersion hand blender to mix.
On a stove top with medium heat, lightly grease a non-stick pan with some of the butter.
Add about 1/4 cup of the batter to the pan and rotate it immediately so that the batter covers up the pan.
Cook for about 30 seconds and flip it over to the other side and cook for about 30 seconds until it’s cooked. Repeat this process until all the batter is used up.
Assemble the crepes on a plate and any toppings you like or stuff with Nutella.
- The consistency of the crepe batter is key. It should be slightly thinner than heavy cream, with no lumps.
- If you have the time, let the batter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. This allow the flour to fully absorb the liquid, making for truly melt in the mouth crepes! This step is not essential though.
- No crepe pan? No worries! A medium non-stick pan or well-seasoned cast-iron frying pan will do the trick.
- Make sure your pan is hot and on a medium heat. Too hot and the batter won't spread to the sides of the pan before setting.
- Use a pastry brush or paper towel to coat the pan very lightly with melted butter. Don't overdo the butter or the crepes will be too greasy.
- Use a small ladle or measuring cup to help get the portion of batter right each time.
- When the crepe looks dry on top and it releases from the pan then it’s ready to flip!
- Stack crepes on a plate or baking sheet and cover with a clean kitchen towel until the entire batch is cooked.
- Crepes work great with either sweet or savory fillings. Have fun!
Serving: 1crepe | Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg