Almond Joy Cheesecake Bars
Almond Joy Cheesecake Bars are a quick and flavorful dessert packed with chopped almonds, shredded coconut, and topped with chocolate chips! They are a great dessert everyone is sure to enjoy!
Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
In a food processor, add the crackers (break them up a little before) and pulse until they are completely crushed.
In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder and melted butter. Combine well together and press this mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan to create the crust.
In a separate bowl, beat softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
Add the egg and vanilla. Mix to combine well. Reserve some of the chocolate chips on the side for topping.
Gently fold in the sweetened shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, and chopped almonds. Fold until well combined.
Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust and spread it evenly and top with the preserved chocolate chips.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature.
Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours (or overnight) until fully chilled and set.
Once chilled, use the parchment paper to lift the cheesecake out of the pan. Place it on a cutting board and slice into bars. Top with some shredded coconut and crushed almonds. Serve and enjoy.
- Prep Efficiently: Gather all your ingredients and utensils before starting the baking process.
- Smooth Crust: When you process the Graham cracker cookies, make sure it's completely smooth and you do not have any chunks
- Even Crust: Press down the graham cracker crumbs evenly and firm to ensure it's evenly distributed to ensure you have a stable base.
- Room Temperature Cream Cheese: Softened cream cheese blends more easily, ensuring a smoother filling.
- Gentle Mixing: Once the egg is added, mix any other ingredients just until combined. Overmixing can lead to cracks or and bubbles, resulting in an uneven filling.
- Chill Thoroughly: Allow the bars to cool completely at room temperature before refrigerating. Chilling for at least 3 hours and up to overnight will help the filling to set well.
Serving: 10g | Calories: 641kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 918mg | Potassium: 384mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 417IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 285mg | Iron: 4mg