Stuffed Avocado Chicken Salad
Stuffed Avocado Chicken Salad - creamy homemade chicken salad loaded into avocados, so delicious!
Shred the chicken and place in a bowl.
Chop and dice the veggies.
In a bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients.
Place everything in the chicken bowl and mix to coat well.
Cut and remove pit of the avocados and stuff with the chicken salad.
Garnish with some freshly chopper onion or parsley. Serve and enjoy.
- Use rotisserie chicken to make this recipe super quick!
- You can use green or purple onion.
- If you can't get hold of candied pecans, you can use normal ones.
- If you want to balance out the zest and mustard, you can add a touch of sugar to make the stuffed avocado a bit sweeter.
- Ideally go for fresh lemon juice, much more flavor!
- You can either use plain yogurt or Greek yogurt.
- Make sure to season the avocado, otherwise the avocado can be a bit bland. A touch of slat and pepper go a long way! You can even add a sprinkle paprika, for more flavor.
- Ideally cut and stuff your avocado just before serving, to avoid the avocado browning.
- To slightly prolong the browning process, you can rub some lemon juice on the avocados. This helps but not for too long.
- Make a very thin slice on the rounded bottom of the avocado half, this helps it stand without rolling over.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped onion and parsley.
- If you have any left over avocado, turn them into guacamole!
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 83mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 199IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg