Marinate the shrimp with the spices listed above under Shrimps. Heat a skillet and add one 1 tbsp. olive oil. Sauté for about 2-4 minutes. Set aside and let them cool then cut them into little pieces. Place in a bowl.
Dice and chop up the veggies and then add to the shrimp bowl. Add the spices, salt, olive oil and lemon juice. Toss together to coat well.
Cut the avocadoes in half and remove the pit. Stuff the avocados with the shrimp stuffing and serve.
- Use yellow or orange bell peppers, their sweetness helps balance out the heat of the jalapenos and zest of the lemon juice.
- Ideally use fresh lemon juice, it keeps things tasting fresh and has a fuller flavor.
- You can swap lemon juice for lime, if you want more tang.
- Remove the seeds and ribbing from the jalapenos if you want a milder heat.
- Alternatively, to make this spicier you can up the number of jalapenos.
- Make sure your ingredients are chopped to bite size.
- Ideally cut and stuff your avocados just before serving, to avoid browning.
- If you want to slightly curb the browning process, you can rub some lemon juice on the avocado halves. This should slow it down, but not for too long.
- Don't forget to season the avocado before adding the filling.
- Make a thin slice on the bottom of the avocado, so it stays upright.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 858mg | Potassium: 714mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1094IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 3mg