Low Carb Breakfast Potatoes
This Breakfast 'Potato' Skillet is a delicious low carb breakfast or brunch! Made with turnips instead of potatoes - so good!
Pre-heat oven to 425.
Peel and dice the turnips. Transfer to a lined sheet pan and drizzle about 2 tbsps. of olive on and mix to coat well. Bake for 15 minutes
Dice the veggies.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, drop the veggies to sauté until tender.
Once the turnips have cooked, add them to the veggies, add the spices and salt, then carefully toss around to coat well. Let them simmer on medium-low heat for 5 more minutes.
Remove from the heat and transfer to a dish or keep in the skillet to serve. Garnish with some chopped onions.
- Use a preheated oven.
- Use a large skillet, you ideally want your veggies on a single layer so they cook evenly.
- Make sure to dice your veggies in similar sizes, so they cook evenly.
- Deseed and remove the ribs from the jalapeno pepper for a milder heat.
- Add more or less chili flakes to change the heat levels further.
- Be sure to season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Crack an egg over the skillet while you sauté, for extra protein.
- Top with fresh herbs.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1108IU | Vitamin C: 110mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg