Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
Meanwhile, cut/dice all your veggies. Add them into a shallow bowl.
In a small jar or bowl, mix the marinade ingredients. Once the quinoa has cooked and cooled down a little, combine the quinoa, marinade and veggies together (without the cheese and avocado) and toss well.
Once that step is done, add the mozzarella pearls and diced avocado in. Toss gently to coat well.
Transfer to a dish and serve.
- Make sure to rinse your quinoa before cooking it, this removes the bitterness.
- When cooking quinoa, you can add a couple of pinches of kosher salt to the water to flavor the grain as it cooks.
- You can use a rice cooker for the quinoa, make sure to use the same liquid-to-quinoa ratio and follow the instructions on your rice cooker.
- Cool you quinoa down in the fridge, if you like, before adding other ingredients, so it doesn't heat up the other ingredients.
- You can use mozzarella pearls or diced mozzarella.
- You can swap sundried tomatoes for fresh, diced tomatoes.
- If you like a slightly more tangy hit to the salad, swap mozzarella for crumbled feta.
- For an extra pop of freshness, top this Easy Quinoa Salad with fresh cilantro or parsley.
- Taste for salt and adjust as needed, add more lemon juice too, if needed.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 755mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1024IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 3mg