Mexican Street Corn Salad
This bright, fresh and delicious Mexican Street Corn Salad will become a summer favorite! Light, creamy, zesty and with a kick of heat, it's an easy and vibrant side, like sunshine in a bowl!
In a 12 inch skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and add in the corn. Cook them, stirring occasionally until the kernels start obtaining grill like marks.
Add in the red bell pepper and cook with the corn for another 1-2 minutes until they are tender. Remove from heat and transfer the corn to a bowl to cool.
Once the corn has cooked down, add in remainder of the vegetables. Mix to toss well.
In another bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together. Dice the avocados and add both the diced avocados and dressing together in the bowl with remainder of the ingredients.
Toss gently with to coat the corn salad very well with the dressing.
Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle some more grated cotija cheese on top as well as some fresh cilantro and chili powder for garnishing purposes. Also serve with some lemon wedges if desired.
- For another layer of flavor, roast the jalapeno alongside the corn if you like. This also tones down the spice of the jalapenos.
- You can use fresh or frozen corn.
- If using frozen there’s no need to thaw the corn before hand.
- You want to cook your corn until it gets a light char.
- For a smoky flavor, fire up the grill and cook the corn on the cob, then cut it off and add to the skillet.
- Make sure to finely chop your onion, you don't want big slivers to overpower the rest of the ingredients.
- This is a great salad, but can also be used as a delicious filling in a taco!
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 503mg | Potassium: 587mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 948IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg