Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Also cook the eggs during this time. Should take about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop the veggies and place them in a bowl.
In another bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together until creamy.
Once the pasta is done cooking, transfer to a sieve and run through cold water to cool. Then transfer again to the bowl of veggies (without the avocado) and add the tuna. Toss them together to mix well.
Add in the dressing, avocados and the diced boiled eggs. Toss very gently to coat them well.
Transfer to a bowl and serve.
- Choose good quality tuna, packed in water so it doesn’t make the rest of the salad oily. Make sure to drain well.
- Keep dressing aside if prepping ahead. Mix when ready to eat.
- Do not cut the avocados ahead to prevent them from discoloring. Only peel and cut when ready to eat.
- You can substitute tuna with shredded rotisserie chicken.
- You can add fresh jalapenos instead of pickled.
- Corkscrew (rotini) pasta is great for this Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe, as it has lots of surface area to grab the dressing and tuna pieces.
- Make sure to season your salad well with salt and freshly ground pepper, to really round out all the flavors.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 644mg | Potassium: 373mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1180IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg