Trim any fat off the chicken thighs and pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
In a bowl, add all the marinade ingredients. Mix well to combine. If time permits, cover and let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before grilling. You can also marinate the chicken up to 2 days ahead and store in an air tight container.
Preheat your grill on medium high heat, or with charcoal on a rack half way up to the grill.
Grill the chicken on each side for 6 minutes or more until well done. Cooking time will varry based on your fire. Brush the chicken 1 minute before they come out with the extra marinade sauce that's left in the bowl.
Once they are grilled, transfer to a serving dish and garnish with some chopped cilantro and lemon wedges.
- You can marinate chicken up to 2 days ahead of time. Store in an airtight containers.
- You can grill the chicken in the oven, indoor grill or outdoor grill. For the best flavor, I recommend grilling outdoor for the char flavor.
- If grilling, make sure to brush the grill with some oil to avoid the chicken tearing when you flip it.
- I highly recommend Mina sauce! You can choose mild spicy, either one work great. Or substitute for any Moroccan harissa sauce.
- Be careful, there is sauce and there is paste, they are not the same.
- If no dried cilantro is available, you can use 1.4 cup freshly chopped cilantro.
- You can use any type of chicken part, but cooking time will vary.
- I recommend using boneless chicken. Boned chicken take longer to cook and the harissa sauce will burn.
Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg