Korean BBQ Chicken Skewers
These delicious Korean BBQ Chicken Skewers are a mouthwatering combination of spicy and sweet. Perfect for grilling on the BBQ, the chicken is tender and juicy with a delightfully sticky glaze!
Cube the chicken enters into 1 inch cubes and set aside in a bowl.
In a small food processor, process all the marinade ingredients until you have a smooth liquid texture.
Pour the marinade over the chicken and toss to coat well.
Assemble the skewers, ideally 4-5 pieces per skewer ( or more depending on your skewers, but you will have less skewers).
You can allow this to marinate for 30 minutes if you have time.
Meanwhile, cook the leftover marinade that's in the bowl. Pour into a small saucepan and simmer on low heat until the liquid thickens up. You will use this BBQ sauce to rub the chicken right before they come out of the grill.
Grill the chicken on each side for 4 minutes on medium heat. Rub the skewers with the BBQ sauce and good for another minute on each side.
Remove the skewers from the grill and serve on a platter or dish. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top along with some chopped parsley for garnishing.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 mins before grilling, to avoid them being burnt.
- Marinate for 30 mins for more flavor.
- Chicken can be marinated and left in the fridge 2 days before grilling.
- You can use the marinade on any kind of chicken cut.
- Chicken will cook faster when covered with a lid.
- Add cayenne or habanero peppers to make them more spicy.
- Coat the grill with some vegetable oil, to avoid the chicken from tearing when you remove it.
- You can use a meat thermometer on your Korean BBQ Chicken Skewers, to check if the chicken is done. Place into the thickest part and the thermometer should read 165 degrees.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 712mg | Potassium: 564mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 141IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg