Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Kalamata olives, Cucumbers, tomatoes, feta and a host of other Mediterranean flavors come together in this fresh, protein packed Mediterranean Quinoa Salad!
In a salad dressing container or small bowl, whisk together the salad dressing ingredients and place it in the fridge.
Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
While the quinoa is cooking, wash all your veggies and dry with a kitchen towel.
Dice all the veggies and place them in a bowl. Also cut the Kalamata olives.
When the quinoa has cooked, transfer them onto a bowl and leave them uncovered to cool quikly.
Add the cooked quinoa to the remainder of the salad ingredients and toss to mix the ingredients together.
Add in the salad dressing and toss again to coat the ingredients well with the dressing.
If you are transfereing the salad mixture to another bowl do so and then top with the feta cheese. If you are serving in the same dish you can throw in the feta cheese at this point.
Garnish with some lemon slices and enjoy.
- This is a versatile salad, so feel free to omit or swap any of the salad ingredients.
- You can swap in sun dried tomatoes instead of fresh, for a twist on texture. Also basil is a great swap for parsley. You can really get creative with this salad base.
- Prepare the quinoa in advance and cool in the fridge. This means the cooked quinoa doesn't warm up the other salad ingredients.
- This salad is great to for a BBQ, picnic or potluck.
- To make this vegan/dairy free simply omit the feta.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 528mg | Potassium: 331mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1179IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 2mg