Fry, toast or baked the pita bread depending on your preference. If you are baking, spray with olive oil before baking.
Wash and chop all the salad ingredients. Place them in a large bowl
In a small bowl or cup, mix the dressing ingredients.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat well.
Transfer the salad into a shallow dish and top with fried pita.
- Best if consumed after you make the salad. Left overs can be stored in the fridge and eaten later that day but not best by the next day because the vegetables become soft.
- You can add bell peppers if you like. Carrots and Cabbage are optional.
- Use the freshest and ripest ingredients for the best tasting salad. You can add in additional ingredients that you have in your fridge and what is in season. If you can, use organic produce.
- I like to fry the pita in a little oil in a pan on the stovetop. If you prefer, you can bake the pita in the oven, just spray over a little cooking oil to get it nice and crispy.
- Don't add the dressing until you are ready to serve the salad.
- Use fresh lemon juice for the dressing. It is so much zingier that the bottled juice and has a much bolder flavor.
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 398mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3102IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg