Wash and drain the chickpeas very well. If you have time, peel the skin off for a smoother texture, but not required.
Add chickpeas in the food processor or blender with the tahini, salt, garlic and ice cubes.
Blend of process for at least a minute to obtain a super smooth texture.
Transfer hummus to a plate and spread around using a spoon or mini spatula.
Top with olive oil and garnishing ingredients.
- To obtain a super smooth texture, peel off the skin of the chickpeas.
- To make different kinds of hummus, use this as a base recipe and add other ingredients like roasted red peppers for example to make roasted red pepper hummus, or avocado to make avocado hummus and so on.
- Use good quality tahini. Not all tahini is created the same! Use tahini that only has one ingredient, mechanically hulled sesame seeds.
- The longer you blend the hummus, the smoother and creamier it will get. Blend it for at least one minute in a high powdered blender, you can't over blend it!
- Don't forget the ice cubes! The ice cubes help to achieve wonderfully smooth and creamy texture.
- Use fresh lemon juice. Fresh lemon juice is so much zingier than bottled juice and makes a real difference.
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 392mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg