Teriyaki Salmon Stir Fry
Teriyaki marinated salmon mixed with fresh bell peppers and carrots in this quick and flavorful stir fry dinner.
Pat the salmon down with a paper towel to dry. Cut into 1 inch cubes and set in a medium bowl.
In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, water, vinegar, corn starch, honey, garlic, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and ginger. Pour over the salmon cubes and toss to coat. Set aside.
Julienne the bell peppers, chop the broccoli florets, and matchstick cut the carrots. Set aside.
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, sauté the vegetables until tender. Set aside.
In the same skillet, heat another tablespoon of oil. Once hot place the salmon cubes in one at a times. Save the sauce.
Cook the salmon for 2-3 minutes. Do not stir the salmon or it will flake. Once you have cooked one side, flip the salmon and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes. Add remaining sauce in at this time.
Once the salmon is cooked, add the veggies in and toss together gently. Cover and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seed and sliced green onion.
- Make sure you pat down the salmon before adding it to the marinade.
- Have your ingredients prepped before firing up the pan/wok, things move quick!
- Do not stir the salmon pieces will they cook or they will flake.
- Allow the salmon to obtain a gold crust while cooking before turning over gently in the pan.
- Wait for the oil to heat before adding the vegetables into the skillet. This allows the vegetables to fry and retain a little crunch instead of slowly cooking.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Calories: 644kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 1820mg | Potassium: 1883mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 7427IU | Vitamin C: 204mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 4mg