Spicy Teriyaki Chicken with Broccoli
Pan seared chicken coated in a spicy teriyaki sauce and cooked with fresh broccoli makes the perfect week night dinner!
To begin, chop the chicken into 1 inch cubes. Then cut the broccoli crown into mini florets. Set aside.
Heat a 12 inch skillet with 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken cubes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Allow the chicken to cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once the chicken has cooked to a golden color and add the teriyaki sauce and mix together to cook for another minute or so.
Add the broccoli florets and mix together one more time. Cover and cook on low heat for 2-4 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seed and sliced green onion for garnish.
- Prep your ingredients in advance as things will move quick when you start cooking.
- Use a large skillet, pan or wok.
- Cut your chicken into similar sizes, so they cook evenly. Same thing with the broccoli.
- To adjust the heat simply increase or decrease the chili flakes.
- I've used chicken tenders but you can also go for chicken breast, just make sure to trim any excess fat. You can also use chicken thighs.
- Cook the chicken until it obtains a nice golden color.
- You can use fry or freshly grated ginger. Ideally go for fresh ginger as it packs more flavor. Grate peeled ginger with a fine grater or zester.
- Garnish with sesame seeds or sliced green onions.
- You can also swap the chicken for shrimp - also delicious!
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 2069mg | Potassium: 788mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1500IU | Vitamin C: 139mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 3mg