Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad
A refreshing pasta salad packed with corn, cherry tomatoes, purple onion, and jalapeño tossed with a creamy avocado dressing.
Following the pasta instructions, cook the pasta to al dente.
While the pasta cooks, dice the onion, seed and dice the jalapeño, and cut the grape tomatoes in half.
Once the pasta cooks to al dente, drain and put in a large bowl.
Add the onion, jalapeño, tomatoes, and corn to the bowl with the pasta.
In a blender, place peeled and seeded avocados, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, cilantro, and cumin powder. Blend until smooth.
Pour the creamy avocado dressing over the other ingredients in the bowl. Toss to coat well. Serve and enjoy!
- I seed the jalapeño but you can leave the jalapeño seeds if prefer a little heat.
- It’s best to avoid fresh pasta, which doesn’t hold up quite as well.
- For the perfect pasta salad, cook the pasta until just past al dente.
- Use extra-salted water when cooking the pasta and it will be well-seasoned by the time it’s cooked.
- Toss the pasta with about two-thirds of the dressing while it’s still warm, and add the remainder before serving. he warm pasta will absorb the dressing a lot easier.
- Placing avocados in a paper bag with ripe bananas will help them ripen faster.
Calories: 563kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 504mg | Potassium: 954mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1512IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3mg