Trim the chicken thighs and rub with half a lemon. Pat dry and pan sear with the oil for 5-6 minutes on each side on medium heat. Transfer to a bowl and cover with alluminum foil wrap
In the same skillet, add the sliced mushrooms, garlic and butter. Saute the mushrooms until they are tender, about 3 minutes.
Add in the heave creamy, water, spices, salt and water or stock. Mix and cover to simmer on low for a couple of minutes until the sauce thickens up a little.
Add in the fresh oregano, chicken pieces and drench them with the sauce and cover to cook with the sauce for another 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with some fresh oregano leaves and pamesan cheese if prefered.
- You can use any type of chicken part you prefer. If you like to stick with the leaner parts, feel free to use chicken breasts or tenders.
- The chicken can be skinless but I sometimes just leave the skin on to help keep the chicken moist.
- Make sure to trim the chicken of any excess fat.
- The flour is not required but recommended if you like the chicken to have a little crunch on the outside.
- Add more cook time for chicken with bones and chicken breasts.
- For an extra kick, add some dijon - or whole grain - mustard to the sauce.
- Garnish with some fresh herbs - like oregano or parsley - and add some grated Parmesan, if you like.
Calories: 653kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 245mg | Sodium: 546mg | Potassium: 589mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1181IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 2mg