Peel the first couple of leaves off the sprouts and wash well. Trimp off the stems.
Cut the sprouts in 2 halves and slice to chop the halves to shred them. (3 parts would be perfect).
Place the sprouts in a bowl and chop and dice the remainder of the ingredients. Place in the bowl with the shredded sprouts and toss together.
In a small bowl or cup, whisk the dressing ingredients together.
Pour over the salad and toss to coat well.
Serve and enjoy!
- Make sure to wash your sprouts really well!
- Make sure you are cutting your veggies into bite sized pieces.
- You can use a food processor to chop your vegetables quick.
- Add some chili flakes to the dressing for a spicy kick!
- For an added layer of texture, add some seeds, chopped pecans or almonds.
- Shaved or shredded Parmesan works great on this salad.
- You can shred the sprouts up to 2 days ahead of time. Keep them in a container in the fridge, until you're ready to assemble the salad.
- For a subtly sweet twist, add some thinly sliced Honeycrisp apples to the salad.
- If you are making this salad for work, keep the dressing on the side and add it later on.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 353mg | Potassium: 741mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4020IU | Vitamin C: 139mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 2mg