Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
This Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots recipe is made with the perfect mixture of butter and brown sugar, not too sweet, but sweet enough for you to enjoy it without the extra added sugar.
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Peel and slice the carrots into similar size. About 1 ½ inch in length.
Place in a shallow bowl and pour over the melted butter, oil and brown sugar. Mix to coat well.
Bake in a pre-heated 400 F oven for 15 minutes, then toss the carrots. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes until tender and cooked through.
Remove and allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then transfer onto a serving dish. You can garnish with fresh chopped parsley if you like.
- Use a preheated oven.
- Cover to cook with foil wrap if you like your carrot extra tender but cook uncovered for 5-10 minutes to obtain the grown glaze.
- Try to chose a bag where the carrots are about the same thickness so they can cook evenly when you bake.
- If the carrots are thicker towards the end you can always cut it in half to reduce the thickness.
- You can also slice the carrots into coins, they'll take less time to cook.
- If you want them to cook faster, you can always par-boil the carrots before baking.
- Toss the carrots halfway through cooking.
- You can substitute honey or maple syrup for the brown sugar.
- Sprinkle on some fresh parsley for a pop of freshness - plus it looks lovely!
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 498mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 25495IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg