Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
This Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots recipe is made with butter and brown sugar, then baked to a caramalized perfection to make the perfect side dish.
Peel and slice the carrots into similar size. About 1 ½ inch in length.
Place in a shallow bowl and pour over the melted butter, oil and brown sugar. Mix to coat well.
Bake in a pre-heated 400 F oven for 15-20 minutes, tossing the carrots halfway through.
Remove and transfer onto a serving dish. You can garnish with fresh chopped parsley if you like.
- Use a preheated oven.
- Cover to cook with foil wrap for 10 minutes if you like your carrot extra tender but cook uncovered for 5-10 minutes to obtain the grown glaze.
- Try to chose a bag where the carrots are about the same thickness so they can cook evenly when you bake.
- If the carrots are thicker towards the end you can always cut it in half to reduce the thickness.
- You can also slice the carrots into coins, they'll take less time to cook.
- You can add a tiny pinch of cinnamon powder if you like but I just keep mine as simple as possible!
- Toss the carrots halfway through cooking.
- You can substitute honey or maple syrup for the brown sugar.
- Sprinkle on some fresh parsley for a pop of freshness - plus it looks lovely!
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 498mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 25495IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg