Peel and slice the carrots into similar size
Place in a shallow bowl and pour over the melted butter and brown sugar.
Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, tossing the carrots halfway through.
Remove and transfer onto a serving dish. You can garnish with fresh chopped parsley if you like.
- Use a preheated oven.
- Try to chose a bag where the carrots are about the same thickness so they can cook evenly when you bake.
- If the carrots are thicker towards the end you can always cut it in half to reduce the thickness.
- You can also slice the carrots into coins, they'll take less time to cook.
- You can add a tiny pinch of cinnamon powder if you like but I just keep mine as simple as possible!
- Toss the carrots halfway through cooking.
- You can substitute honey or maple syrup for the brown sugar.
- Sprinkle on some fresh parsley for a pop of freshness - plus it looks lovely!
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 496mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 25574IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg