Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Herbs and Garlic
Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Herbs and Garlic are baked sweet potato slices that are served as a side dish during holidays and all year round.
Washed and slice the potatoes
Melt the butter and microwave another 30 seconds with the garlic and herb.
In a shallow bowl, add in the potatoes and butter mixture (save few table spoons for later). Coast the potatoes well and then line in a non-stick pan.
Baked in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove and mash each potato slice with a glass cup.
Brush the potatoes again with some butter and top with parmesan cheese (optional). Bake for another 5 minutes and remove to serve.
- Use a preheated oven.
- You can marinate them however way you want or keep them plain if you do not want to add any butter or oils to them.
- I do recommend at least spraying them with some oil spray, whether it's olive oil, vegetable or avocado oil spray.
- The cheese is completely optional as well if you do not want to add any dairy products to it.
- Save a little bit of melted butter and then pour the rest of butter and herb mixture onto the potatoes to coat well.
- You can boil the sweet potatoes first, but it's not essential.
- Be sure to place the sweet potatoes onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or use a non stick pan.
- Top with some fresh parsley.
- For a kick spice, add some crushed red pepper flakes.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 343mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 39mg