Spicy Cashew Chicken
This Spicy Cashew Chicken is a delicious take away inspired stir fry meal made at home in less than 30 minutes and costs so much less!
Bring 1.5 tbsps. of olive heat to high heat in a skillet or frying pan.
Toss in the veggies and cook until tender. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
Throw in the cashews into the same skillet and toss to toast them a little bit. Remove and add to the veggies.
Add another 1.5 tbsp. of olive oil and bring to high heat. Saute the chicken cubes until they are brown in color and fully cooked.
Pour in the cashew chicken sauce mixture and cook together for 1 minute. Return the veggies and cashew to the skillet and mix together with the chicken and sauce to coat well.
Cover and allow them to cook together for 2-3 minutes. If you are adding the scallions or green onions, you can do so now. Toss together and remove from the heat to serve.
- Have all your ingredients prepped and chopped prior to cooking, things move fast!
- Be sure to use a large skillet or wok for all your ingredients.
- Stir your ingredients often to ensure an even cook.
- Make sure your chicken has a lovely brown sear to them.
- Return the veggies back to the sauce once it has thickened, so you have a nice and rich consistency.
- If you want this Cashew Chicken recipe less spicy, you can always omit the chili pepper flakes.
- Feel free to use any protein you like - it all tastes great!
- Swap in peanuts instead of cashews, if you prefer.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.9g | Protein: 38.1g | Fat: 16.6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 530mg | Sugar: 5.5g