Cauliflower Pizza Casserole
This Cauliflower Pizza Casserole is a healthier alternative to pizza and it is low in carbs.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
In a baking casserole or dish, arrange the cauliflower evenly in a single layer and drizzle the olive oil onto it. Season with the salt and black pepper.
Bake for 20 minutes and then remove from the oven.
Pour the marinara sauce evenly over the cauliflower. Add the shredded cheese on top and then top with the green bell pepper, olive and peperoni. Sprinkle the oregano dried leaves on top.
Bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and obtained some golden color to it.
Remove and let the casserole dish rest for 5 minutes covered before serving.
- Use a preheated oven
- Cut your florets into even sized pieces, so they cook evenly.
- If you don't like olives, by all means, leave them out - the pizza casserole still tastes great!
- Feel free to try out other veggies as toppings. It's a great way to clear out the fridge.
- If you want a bit of spice, try adding some chili flakes.
- Ideally shred your own cheese, pre shredded cheese doesn't melt as well.
- You can swap the mozzarella for jack or cheddar.
- Give this a Mexican twist with a Mexican blend cheese.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil for 5 minutes to cool before serving because the dish will be super hot and you don't want any burns.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.8g | Protein: 17.5g | Fat: 14.9g | Saturated Fat: 3.8g | Sodium: 1206.1mg | Sugar: 5.6g