Mixed Berry Galette
This Mixed Berry Galette is a super easy and delicious dessert you can make at anytime all year round. It can be paired with vanilla ice-cream.
Place the pre-bought pie crust on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
In a bowl mix the berries, confectioner sugar and corn starch together.
Place onto the pie crust and fold the edges of the crust to over the berries.
Brush the crust with some egg wash and sprinkle some sugar on top.
Bake in a pre-heated 425 degree oven for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden.
Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Use a preheated oven.
- I've gone for pre made frozen pie crust, to save time. Make sure you thaw the crust first.
- Slice the strawberries, the other berries can go in whole.
- If you have particularly fresh fruit, the crust can become soggy. For extra protection from a soggy crust, you can dust the pie crust with some semolina flour.
- Don't pile the filling too high or the galette may not hold its structure.
- Use a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake the galette on the middle shelf to avoid browning.
- Feel free to try different combinations of berries in this galette.
- If any of the berries on the surface look dry after the tart is baked, you can brush them with a little jam.
- You can also prepare this dessert ahead of time but I like warming it up in the oven just a little bit right before serving.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 41.1mg | Sugar: 15.8g