Baked Chicken Parmesan
This delicious Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe is lightly breaded and marinated, then baked for a healthier meal option. It's crunchy on the outside yet super moist on the inside.
Slice each chicken breast in the middle horizontally into two piece and set them aside.
In a bowl, add your eggs, minced garlic, half the amount of the black pepper and onion powder. Whisk to blend well
To prepare the flour mix, in another bowl add in the flour, parmesan cheese, the second half of the onion powder and black pepper, parmesan cheese, salt and the Italian seasoning. Mix with a fork.
Dip the chicken breast slices into the egg wash and then into the flour mixture. Coat very well with the flour and then transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Spray generously with some avocado oil or olive oil then bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for about 15 minutes minutes.
After the chicken has baked for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and place the marinara sauce on top. Add a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese on the top and sprinkle some freshly chopped basil.
Bake for another 7-10 minutes and then remove from the oven to serve. Garnish with more chopped basil.
- I prefer slicing each chicken breast into two pieces to make them less thick. This helps expedite the cooking time.
- It’s best to cut chicken breasts so that they're all approximately the same size and bake at the same rate.
- The sauce does make the coating on the chicken a little soft. If you like super crispy chicken, go lighter on the sauce.
- Use store bought marinara sauce to save even more time.
- You can garnish your chicken Parmesan with chopped parsley or fresh basil.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 36.2g | Fat: 8.9g | Saturated Fat: 2.6g | Sodium: 1058.1mg | Sugar: 0.2g