Shrimp Taco Meal Prep
An easy and delicious meal prep recipe to add to your weekly meal prep plans.
Marinate shrimp with olive oil, garlic, paprika, lime juice, taco seasoning, salt and black pepper. Let them marinate in the fridge for 20 minute if time permits, but not required.
Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a non-stick pan and pan sear the shrimps on each side for 3-4 minutes, until they get gold and cook fully.
Remove from heat and cover with aluminum foil for 5 minutes.
Assemble the shrimp with remainder of the ingredients in 6 meal prep bowl. Store in fridge for up to 3 days.
- Ideally marinate the shrimp in the fridge for 20 mins, but this is not essential.
- The shrimp are done when they turn opaque and form a 'C' shape.
- Pan sear the shrimps or grill them if you have an easy outdoor grill set up.
- Keep an eye on the shrimp as they cook! You don't want to overcook them and they turn rubbery.
- Cook the rice according to package directions before getting started on the shrimp so it cooks while you are preparing the shrimp.
- Top the shrimps with some chopped green onions to add in some more fresh flavors
- To spice things up, you can add in some crushed red pepper flakes.
- If you are a heavy eater and need more macro, double up the quantity.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 40.7g | Fat: 17.4g | Saturated Fat: 5.2g | Sodium: 993.4mg | Sugar: 0.5g