Cilantro Soy Sauce (Optional*)
Start by making the tomato mix, peeling and slicing the avocados.
Place two slices of avocado and then place about one tablespoon of the tomato mix on top. You can use a normal tablespoon for this not the measuring spoon. Place another slice of avocado on top of the tomato.
Brush the edges of the wrap with the egg wash and then carefully tuck the sides of the wrap and roll forward to close the roll. Repeat for rest.
Once you have all eggrolls wrapped, preheat some vegetable oil in a deep pan on medium heat and fry the eggrolls for about 2 minutes until they are gold in color.
Remove and place on a sheet pan lined up with kitchen towel to drain the excess oil (about 1 minute).
Serve and Enjoy!
The nutritional info does not include the dipping sauce or oil used to try.
- Make sure you choose ripe avocados, not too mushy. You want them to hold their slice shape. Haas avocados are great.
- To ripen a hard avocado, store it in a brown paper bag.
- Roll the Avocado Egg Rolls tightly but don’t overfill them with the avocado-tomato mixture otherwise they may burst.
- Remember, the inside of the filling should not be cooked, you're just looking for a crunchy shell.
- You can serve these rolls with a sweet cilantro soy sauce or even ranch or sriracha mayo, whatever your preference is
- In a pinch, you can use wonton or egg roll wrappers.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.1g | Protein: 4.3g | Fat: 10.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Sodium: 315.4mg | Sugar: 1.1g