Creamy Chicken and Tomato Pasta
This Creamy Chicken and Tomato Pasta recipe is a super easy and delicious weeknight meal for busy families and can be made is less than 30 minutes.
Start cooking the pasta al dente according to package instructions. Save 1 cup of pasta water.
Prepare ingredients: Dice the onions and cherry tomatoes, slice the chicken, mince the garlic and chop the basil.
In a skillet, heat up one tablespoon of olive oil and cooked the slices of chicken until they are almost fully cooked and obtain a nice crispy gold color on each side.Typically takes 3-5 minutes because they are thin. Remove and set aside.
In the same skillet, add one more tablespoon of olive oil and cook the diced onions until they are translucent.
Add in the diced tomatoes and garlic. Stir to cook for a minute of 1 minutes then add in the salt, black pepper, paprika, heavy cream, milk and pasta water.
Simmer for 2 minutes then add in the cooked chicken. Stir and let everything cook together for 2 more minutes.
At this point, add in the grated parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese and fresh chopped basil.
Stir and cook on low for 2 minutes then add in the cooked pasta. Mix everything very well together so the pasta gets coated with the sauce.
Cook for 2-3 minutes and then remove from heat. You can grate some fresh parmesan cheese on top for garnishing or toss some chopped or whole basil leaves on top.
- Get your pasta cooking first, and prep your other ingredients will it cooks.
- Bring the water to a rapid boil and be sure to add the pasta to boiling water.
- As soon as you drop in the pasta be sure to give it a good stir, this prevents the pasta from sticking.
- Always make sure there's enough water for the pasta to move around freely.
- Drain your pasta but don't let it dry out. Allow the pasta to drain in a sieve or colander but don't let it sit out too long and dry off, this will cause it to get too clumpy.
- You can use chicken tenders or thinly sliced chicken breast.
- Make sure to cut your chicken into similar sized pieces, so they cook evenly.
- Don't buy pre-shredded cheese, ideally shred your own as it melts better.
- You can grate some fresh Parmesan cheese on top for garnishing or toss some chopped or whole basil leaves on top.
- Ideally use fresh basil not dried because it gives it such an amazing flavor
- Use gluten free pasta to make gluten free.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 657kcal | Carbohydrates: 65.1g | Protein: 33.2g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 11.3g | Sodium: 1394.3mg | Sugar: 8.7g