slice your chicken breast in two flat halves. Rub with some lime and then coat both sides with the taco seasoning.
Heat 3 tbsps. of olive oil and pan sear the chicken until they are full cooked, occasionally flipping them over to the other side. remove from heat and cover with aluminum foil to rest for 10 minutes.
meanwhile, prepare the sides. All the ingredients for the sides are listed above and you basically just have to mix each side's ingredients in a separate bowl and serve. Don't forget the chopped iceberg lettuce.
Cube the chicken up into little pieces and place into a bowl or a food warmer storage container to serve.
Build your own tacos and enjoy!
- Once your chicken is cooked, let them rest for about 5-10 minutes before cutting them up into small cubes.
- You can pan sear or grill your chicken.
- We love using boneless chicken breasts but you can certainly uses boneless chicken thighs too.
- To save time, you can chop the veggies in a food processor.
- If you have any leftover chicken, toss it over a salad for a quick and satisfying meal.
- If you want more tang, try some cotija cheese, crumbled over your taco - yum!
- Leftover cooked chicken stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to 4 day.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.7g | Protein: 18.6g | Fat: 27.7g | Saturated Fat: 5.9g | Sodium: 539.8mg | Sugar: 10.8g