Creamy Broccoli Mac N’ Cheese
Creamy Broccoli Mac and Cheese, another one of my favorite weeknight dinners. Takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and the kids absolutely love it!
Start by cooking the pasta as directed.Save 1.5 cups of pasta water. Drain the pasta and set aside.
In a pan or pot, melt the butter and add the flour. Mix until they are well incorporated.
Add the milk, pasta water, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and mix very well until you obtain a smooth creamy texture.
Add the cheddar cheese and mix again until the cheese melts and incorporates with the creamy sauce. At this point you can add the cooked pasta shells, broccoli florets and mix everything together one more time.
Let them cook for a few minutes until the broccoli florets are tender and then remove to serve.
- When cooking the pasta be sure to stir the pasta as soon as you drop it in boiling water, to avoid the pasta sticking.
- Ideally shred your own cheese, it melts better than pre shredded.
- I used sharp cheddar for a solid cheese flavor, but you can use mild cheddar if you want a milder cheese flavor.
- To speed thing up, you can use pre-cut fresh broccoli.
- Top with some fresh parsley for a pop of color and freshness.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 606kcal | Carbohydrates: 99.3g | Fat: 13.7g | Saturated Fat: 7.6g | Sodium: 993.7mg | Sugar: 21.8g