Strawberry Nutella French Toast
Upgrade your normal French toast! This French toast is loaded with Nutella and strawberries making it super delicious.
Prep your ingredients: Wash and slice the strawberries. Line up the brioche toasts.
Apply the Nutella spread the toast bread. Approximately 1.5 tbsps. to each.
Place 4 pieces of sliced strawberries to the middle of the toast. You do this to only one side of the toast bread not both.
Top the toast with another piece of toast. Prepare your egg wash: Whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon powder and vanilla well together.
Preheat your pan to medium heat and melt 2 tbsp. of butter. Dip the french toast into the egg wash without over drenching them.
Place on the pan and cook until both sides are crispy and golden brown.
Serve with fruits and maple or pancake syrup.
- Make sure to preheat the pan. You want to cook these nice and evenly with golden edges.
- Slice your strawberries on the thin side. This keeps the French toast together.
- Don't be shy on the Nutella! You want that oozy chocolate spread coming out as you cut through - treat yourself!
- Don’t soak the bread for too long. You want the egg mix to penetrate the bread just enough without it becoming too soggy and falling apart in the pan.
- Use the largest skillet you have and don't overcrowd the pan.
- No strawberries? Use banana slices!
- Top with powdered sugar and serve with syrup if you wish.
Calories: 724kcal | Carbohydrates: 91.1g | Protein: 16.5g | Fat: 33.3g | Saturated Fat: 14.4g | Sodium: 355mg | Sugar: 54.6g