Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium flame. Add butter, once butter is melted, sprinkle the flour and cook for a minute.
Add the minced garlic along with the milk, heavy cream, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce thickens for 4-5 minutes.
Add the baby spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the sauce and add in the raviolis. Cook for a minute until everything comes together.
Layer the skillet with mozzarella cheese on top and sprinkle some red chili flakes. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the cheeses are melted and bubbling.
Garnish the cheesy ravioli skillet with fresh basil and serve while it is still warm.
- If the sauce is too thick you can thin it out with a bit of chicken stock or additional milk.
- You can use fresh or frozen ravioli for this recipe.
- If you don’t have baby spinach you can use regular spinach instead. I like to give it a rough chop so the pieces are bite-sized.
- Add in cooked asparagus, artichoke hearts or sundried tomatoes if desired.
- Shred your own cheese and it will melt much better.
- Not a fan of spice? Omit the red pepper flakes if you prefer a milder dish.
- Leftovers can be stored for 5 days and you can quickly reheat them in the microwave or a low oven.
Calories: 797kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 187mg | Sodium: 1115mg | Potassium: 465mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6730IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 325mg | Iron: 15mg