Chinese Szechuan Chili Chicken
This Szechuan Chicken is a spicy stir fry that features tender pieces of chicken with bell peppers and snow peas, all tossed together with a sweet and spicy sauce.
To prepare the Szechuan sauce:
To prepare the chicken stir fry:
Prepare the szechuan sauce by combining the szechuan sauce ingredients to a bowl and set aside.
Heat a medium skillet with a tablespoon of oil, add the chicken cubes and cook for 2-3 minutes until light golden and transfer the chicken pieces to a plate.
To the same skillet add the remaining tablespoon of oil; add the peppers and snow peas and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Stir the chicken back into the skillet along with the schezwan sauce and cook for 5-6 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickened.
Finally add the green onions and sesame seeds, toss it and serve.
- If you prefer more sauce to drizzle over top, you can easily double or triple the sauce ingredients in the recipe.
- To make this spicier, add more red chili flakes and sriracha.
- Make this vegetarian by swapping the chicken for tofu cubes.
- You can add more vegetables such as mushrooms, broccoli, and/or carrots to the stir fry if you prefer.
- For an added crunch, you can add peanuts, cashews, or sliced almonds.
- You can mix together the Szechuan sauce ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
Calories: 502kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 1956mg | Potassium: 1222mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1979IU | Vitamin C: 140mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3mg