Homemade Vegetable Soup
A hearty and comforting soup, this Homemade Vegetable Soup is a family favorite! Packed with wholesome healthy ingredients that are mostly kitchen staples, this soup comes together quickly and easily.
Prepare all the vegetables.
Bring a large pot over medium heat and add the oil. Sauté the onion, celery and bell pepper together until tender.
Add in the tomato paste and sauté for another minute. Then add in the mixed vegetables, salt, spices, bouillon and potatoes. Sauté together for another minute.
Add in the water then cover the pot to boil for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and add in the cabbage, parsley and zucchini .
Mix and allow the soup to cook for another 20 minutes. Remove the lid and let the soup cooks while lid off for the last 10 minutes on low heat.
Once the soup has cooked through, remove from heat. Allow to cool for a little before serving.
- You may add more or less spices or different spices to the vegetable based on your preference.
- Instead of Italian seasoning, you can try dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme, dried rosemary, etc.
- If you want to add some protein to this soup, you can add shredded chicken or beef.
- Serve with some dry crackers or my No Knead Artisan Bread if you like.
- Frozen vegetables are perfect for this recipe as you can get a variety of vegetables without having to buy them individually.
- If you'd like to make this in the slow cooker, keep in mind that the longer it cooks, the softer the vegetables will become. Ingredients like the potatoes may breakdown too much.
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2346IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg