CINNAMON APPLE CANDIED WALNUTS TOPPING:
In a bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients well then pour over the wet ingredients.
Whisk very well until you obtain a smooth batter.
Spray the waffle maker and pour in enough batter based on your waffle maker instructions.
Remove and serve the cinnamon apple over it. Add enough maple syrup based on your preference.
Nutritional info does not include the maple Syrup or Toppings. These are optional and based on preference.
- I like using dairy milk, but oat milk or almond milk work great too.
- You can skip making your own candied walnuts and buy your own, they are available in most grocery stores.
- When it comes to apples, I like to use tart ones as they balance the sweetness of the other ingredients.
- Make sure you preheat your waffle iron.
- Don’t stack your waffles on top of each other as they’ll lose their crispness. If you're cooking for a crowd. keep your waffles warm by placing them in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 9.7g | Fat: 10.7g | Saturated Fat: 5.7g | Sodium: 162.3mg | Sugar: 16.7g