Honey Mustard Chicken
Perfectly seared chicken breasts coated with a delicious honey mustard sauce, this simple Honey Mustard Chicken is the perfect weeknight dinner. Made in less than 30 minutes, you can prepare this easy chicken recipe in no time!
Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise to get 4 slices of chicken breasts.
In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and then sprinkle on the chicken breast to coat them.
In another bowl or cup, mix together all the sauce ingredients.
Bring a non stick skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Pan sear the chicken breasts on each side for 4-5 minutes until browned and fully cooked.
Once, the chicken has cooked, pour the honey mustard sauce over the chicken, and reduce the heat to medium-low to continue cooking the chicken with the sauce for another 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens up.
Remove the skillet from heat and garnish with some freshly chopped parsley, then serve.
- Make is spicy by adding some sriracha sauce, cayenne pepper or chili flakes.
- Adjust the honey to make it sweeter or less sweet.
- If you don't have chicken breasts, you can swap with chicken thighs, just adjust the cook time.
- The safe internal temperature for cooked chicken breasts is 165 F so if you're not sure if your pan seared chicken is done, you can use an instant read thermometer.
- The cook time for the chicken breasts are quick as we slice the chicken breasts in half so they're not as thick.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 803mg | Potassium: 652mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 1273IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 3mg