Parmesan Herbed Potatoes
Parmesan Herbed Potatoes are a perfect fast and easy side dish to make and serve alongside steak, chicken, or even fish!
Start by boiling the potatoes for 10 minutes until they are just about tender.
Remove and place on a sheet pan while hot and press each potato with a potato masher just once to flatten it out.
Sprinkle all the dry ingredients evenly on the potatoes and drizzle the olive oil on top.
Bake for 10 minutes on a pre heated 400 degree oven.
Remove and grate some fresh parmesan cheese on top.
Garnish with some fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- If I don't time to boil the potatoes, I have been known to pop them into the microwave to cook through instead in half the time!
- By par-boiling the potatoes ahead of time, this recipe cooks easily and gives you truly tender and flavorful potatoes in just a few minutes.
- To smash the potatoes, use the back of a spoon or potato masher, smash each potato down so it bursts out of the skin and looks a bit like a pancake shape.
- Refrigerated grated Parmesan works really well as it tastes fresh and coats the potatoes more evenly than shredded Parmesan.
- For the best flavors sprinkle the tops with the spices and drizzle with olive oil before baking for around ten minutes or until crisp.
- If you find the Parmesan Herbed Potatoes don’t brown enough, you can try using a darker baking sheet next time. The dark coating on a baking sheet helps with browning.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 1.9g | Fat: 8.2g | Saturated Fat: 1.7g | Sodium: 1245.8mg | Sugar: 4.3g