Creamy Tuscan Chicken
This Creamy Tuscan Chicken recipe serves up juicy, pan seared chicken in a creamy sauce with sun dried tomatoes and spinach.
Trim the chicken from any excess fats. Slice the each breast in half horizontally. Salt and pepper the chicken.
Bring a large non-stick skillet to medium high heat. Add in the olive oil and pan sear the chicken on each side for about 5 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside. Cover with foil wrap.
In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and sauté the diced onions until tender. Add in the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add in the sundried tomatoes, sundried tomato pesto, salt and spices. Mix and sauté the mixture for about 1 minute.
Add in the heavy cream, milk, chicken broth and mix. Simmer for a couple or minutes until the sauce starts to thicken up.
Throw in a handful of spinach and cook on medium-low heat for a couple of minutes. Taste to adjust salt and pepper.
Add the cooked chicken pieces back into the sauce and drench the chicken with the sauce mixture. Cover and let them cook together on low heat for 2-3 more minutes.
Remove from the heat, garnish with some fresh chopped parsley or parmesan cheese and serve.
- Cook your aromatics low and slow. You want to release the flavor of the garlic and onion without burning them.
- If you do not have oregano or thyme in hand, you can used Italian seasoning instead.
- You can omit the onions if you don't like onions but use 1 tsp. of onion powder instead.
- If you would like to make it with a more cheesy texture, you can add 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese along with 1/4 cup extra broth.
- You can swap boneless chicken breast with boneless chicken thighs, just be sure the chicken is cooked through.
- You can check the doneness of the chicken by using a meat thermometer. Stick the thermometer into the thickest past of the chicken, if it reads 160F then it's ready.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 817mg | Potassium: 510mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2132IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 2mg